Parenting Diabetic Kids Family Getaway Weekend
September 7-9, 2012
ParentingDiabeticKids.com is excited to announce the second PDK Family Getaway Weekend at Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont next September 7-9, 2012.
Come get away with us for a weekend of rest and rejuvenation. Take a deep breath, connect and re-energize. While the kids hang out with counselors from The Barton Center for Diabetes Education, enjoy quiet time with your spouse at Trapp Family Lodge's beautiful mountainside resort: go hiking, have a massage or soak in the outdoor hot tub. Meet new friends who understand. Talk to guest experts one-on-one or enjoy family time at the bonfire or on a horse-drawn carriage ride.
Experience an exceptional menu, complete with nutritional information, gluten-free options and...yes, scales.
From the Family Barbeque to Saturday's Candlelight Dinner for Couples, the weekend promises to be that special getaway many of us haven't had in some time.
- Kids/Children’s activities will be offered by Trapp Family Lodge and its staff, supported by trained counselors from the Barton Center for Diabetes Education, operators and owners of Camp Joslin and Camp Clara Barton in Oxford, MA.
- PDK Team Experts will be on hand to offer their insights, expertise and support…and they’re among the best in the diabetes community offering informal chat sessions, small groups and individual discussions about diabetes.
- Gluten-free menu options: You bet. The entire menu for the weekend will be prepared by Trapp Family Lodge executive chef - one of Vermont’s finest.
- Friday Night Family BBQ and Bonfire: Great food, casual outdoor atmosphere overlooking the valley followed by s’mores.
- Trained babysitters will be available throughout the weekend for couples with young children.
- A wide variety of Family Activities: bocce, wagon rides, and hiking trails.
- Trapp Family Lodge Fitness Center offers a rock climbing wall, indoor swimming pool, exercise room, yoga and cardio equipment.
- Saturday Evening Couples Candlelight Dinner: While the kids are entertained by Trapp Family Lodge Mountain Kids Club staff and Barton Center counselors having their own fun, couples will enjoy a quaint cocktail hour followed by a candlelight dinner provided by Trapp Family Lodge.
- Resource Suite: Contains free supplies of quality snacks, glucose supplies, juices, water along with couches and chairs to lounge in or chat with new friends, not far from the childrens' activities and guest rooms.
- Kids box lunch Saturday afternoon.
- Breakfast daily.
Reservations is now open, but availability is limited.
Make sure to secure your reservation soon by calling 1-800-826-7000.
Family of 3 (2 adults & 1 child) - $947
Extra Child add $105
Package rates available for any number of adults and children. Please contact our Reservations department for pricing.
- 2 Nights Lodging in a Deluxe Room
- Austrian Breakfast Buffet Daily
- Friday Evening Family BBQ Dinner and Bonfire
- Saturday Kid’s Camp including Boxed Lunch
- Saturday Evening Adult’s Three Course Candlelight Dinner
- Saturday Evening Kid’s Dinner and Activities
- Discussion Sessions and Individual Access to PDK Guest Experts
- Trail passes with unlimited access to hiking, walking and mountain bike trails
- Use of Fitness Center, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts and Disc Golf Course
- Scheduled Daily Resort Activities
- Gift in Room on Arrival
- All Applicable Taxes and Gratuities
*Please note: some activities and classes are extra.